You will survive for months without any food.
For a week perhaps without any water.
- Always breathe (whenever possible) through the nose. Inhalation, and exhalation! Guess what – that’s what the nose is for!!
- Breathe from the abdomen. This means that you use the diaphragm, and breathe deeply into the belly. If you find it difficult (if you have a habit of breathing in the chest) then practise lying on your back. Put one hand on your belly, and the other on your chest. Focus on breathing so that your abdomen expands like a balloon as you inhale, and slowly sinks back down towards the spine as you exhale. The chest should remain still. Practice until you master it. Then you can try sitting up – it’s a bit harder… and finally standing.
- Concentrate on the exhalation. Exhalation is active, inhalation is passive. When you exhale slowly and deeply, two very important things happen:
- You stimulate the parasympathetic nervous system (which releases stress from the body), and
- You empty the lungs! When the lungs are empty, just relax the body, and watch as the lungs expand deeply and effortlessly.
This is the natural rhythm of the breath, the body, and the universe. When you begin to breathe better, every aspect of life gets better. Immune system, glands, organs, emotions, feelings, thoughts, relationships… everything is affected in a positive way. BREATHING BETTER is the fastest and most effective way in which we can improve our health and every other important aspect of our wonderful lives – and it’s FREE!
If you have any questions about this or anything else, please contact me. I am always happy to help. With love, Ben