– overcame a serious personal blockage;
– let go of an inherited fear that was preventing me from feeling great;
– paved the way for a much greater degree of success in my work.
I had been feeling ‘out of sorts’ for a few weeks now:
- First of all I haven’t had much work, which means not much money – Eek! A month ago I had an average of six / seven clients a week. The last three weeks I’ve had one or two. If you’ve ever been self employed, with no one to pay your wages / sick leave / taxes / holidays etc. you’ll know what this feels like.
- Secondly, I’ve been feeling kind of ‘foggy’ – unable to think clearly and unable to put my resolutions into action. In a word: incoherent. For example, I haven’t been able to write – even though I’ve been trying to write something every day, nothing has been coming out. Both my blog and my book have been neglected – typical example of writer’s block. Every time I tried to write something I felt that it was no good: I didn’t have the confidence to publish anything.
- Thirdly, for the last three days I had a headache. Not a really bad headache – just one of those nagging, dull, annoying pains that just won’t go away; I was even waking up in the middle of the night with it.
Let me be clear: if someone had asked me if I was prepared to be a parent, I would have said yes! Absolutely, I can’t wait. I didn’t think that I would be a bad Dad. On the contrary, I knew that in many ways I would be a great Father.
But I felt the blockage on a deeply subconscious level.
Now to understand subconscious blockages and the healing of them, here comes the important part:
“…All these things, and greater, you shall do too…”
It seems that Jesus was prophesying a time in which ‘normal’ people would also be able to perform miracles.
I believe that time is now.
I’m going to share with you some information that not many people know, and fewer understand.
This is actually our natural state of being – it is our birth right! It is the way we are supposed to be.
As I said in the article SUCCESS, coherence and intention, this term coherence comes from the language of Reference Point Therapy. It is also a scientific term: a coherent light pattern is one which is focused. When you focus the beam of a torch, the light becomes more intense; brighter… similarly, when we focus our light, (our awareness, our energy)… we become more powerful. Specifically what this means to us as human beings, is allowing our head (thoughts), our heart (emotions), and our gut (instincts) to be in harmony. When we operate like that, we are coherent, and that means healthy.
If there is something wrong, it is because some part of you is not communicating with the other parts. You are, on some level, incoherent.
What this new understanding means – and let’s be really clear: this is modern, cutting edge information that I am giving you here. Only very recently has this new approach to healing been discovered. What I am talking about here is a NEW PARADIGM, a completely new approach to health and healing.
What this new understanding means, is that we can HEAL ourselves very quickly, very easily, and permanently – now. This is the Holy Grail of healing.
We don’t have to keep on repeating the same patterns of illness, poverty, unhealthy relationship. We don’t have to visit the doctor anymore, or spend thousands of euros on psychotherapy, or keep on going to bio-energy healing again and again. We are able now, if we so choose, to become more coherent!
If health and joy are our birthright, why do so many people suffer from poor health and depression?
The reason why so many people are unhealthy is that our society is unhealthy.
You don’t need me to tell you why and how our society is unhealthy – it’s obvious. Essentially, health is our natural state, but we have become very far removed from what is natural. It’s not natural to spend so many hours inside. It’s not natural to spend so many hours sitting down. It’s not natural to sit in chairs, or to stare for hours at the pixels of a computer screen. It’s not natural to… I could go on, but I won’t because you know all this.
What to do about it?
Well, if you want to be healthy, I offer you here some practical advice:
- The body needs exercise every day. It needs to stretch, and the muscles need to be used regularly. You don’t have to over-do it, but do DO it! (I’ll write an article on proper exercise later).
- Breathe deeply and slowly.
- Diet: You need to eat fresh, healthy food, and drink lots of water. If you eat meat, eat only a little (once or twice a week is about right). The human body is not designed to eat large quantities of meat, and doing so causes toxins. (I will write an article on nutrition and vegetarian diet later).
- Practice deep relaxation daily.
- Meditate. Meditation is relaxation taken to a whole other level. When you meditate, you combine deep relaxation with focused awareness (concentration), and the result is a profound, powerful meeting between YOU and YOURSELF. It’s hard to describe – if you have experienced it, you don’t need me to tell you. If you haven’t… I’ll write an article on meditation later!
If you put these 5 points – exercise, breathing, relaxation, diet, and meditation – into practice daily, you will be well on the way to perfect, radiant health. Remember, that means:
“abundant energy and vibrant wisdom merged with physical well-being and peace of mind, bestowing an all-consuming sense of JOY!”
Practicing these 5 points will help to re-align the different aspects of yourself (for example body, emotions, and thoughts). This means coherence, and therefore greater health.
If you get stuck, it may be that there is a blockage. I highly recommend Reference Point Therapy as a unique, highly efficient alternative healing method – quickly and permanently releasing blockages. One such blockage could be a lack of discipline – lack of discipline is really low self-esteem: when we love ourselves deeply, we don’t need ‘discipline’ because we automatically do for ourselves what is best.
An example of the way in which RPT works:
Perhaps your parents didn’t express their love for you openly when you were a child. Perhaps they worked a lot, or maybe they just didn’t know how to love their children fully. This caused you, as a child, to feel a sense of emptiness; like something is wrong with you; as if something in you is missing. This sense of emptiness is a blockage that causes many problems for many people. It prevents people from living life fully; from loving themselves deeply; and from doing the things that they know they should.
It’s easy to release this kind of blockage with RPT.
I practiced the above 5 points for many years, and I made very good progress. Whereas I used to be ill a lot, and suffer from emotional ups and downs, after years of practicing yoga (which is where these 5 points come from – I’ll write more articles on yoga later!), I felt much better. But something was missing. When I discovered Reference Point Therapy all that changed. I let go of several blockages that were holding me back, and my health, abundance, and self-esteem all shifted: I became much more successful.
The purpose of this blog is to share the secret of that success with you. I hope it is helping…
Do you agree with this article – anything you disagree with?
Do you feel that something is blocking you from the life you WANT to live?
Have you experienced RPT yourself? – If so, share your experience by leaving a comment.
“…without intention, we are like dry leaves in the wind – at the mercy of random forces far beyond our control or understanding. But with intention all of those forces are seen to be what they truly are: ours.”
My friend Metka asked me to write about it and the following conversation ensued (bear with me):
Metka: “the wind can be too strong, blowing away the ability to know the intention”
Ben: “With pure intention, the wind is always behind us.”
Metka: “with pure intention the wind is positive and colourful, and you are sailing peacefuly – untill the wind decides to be naughy and stops blowing immediately, leaving you lost in the middle of the sea. Which way to choose to find intention? Or just wait for it to come itself? It is not easy and simple at all.”
Metka’s questions prompted me to write about a very important topic. Important to success in all areas of life – health, relationship, work, personal life: COHERENCE.
– The state of coherence is a state of awareness in which we are truly powerful. We can achieve anything we set our minds to, and we live in a state of physical and mental health .
– The state of incoherence is a lack of awareness, in which we are truly weak. We set our minds to all sorts of things, but they don’t happen the way we would like. We spend our lives feeling frustrated and emotional.
My work as a healer is very simple: guiding people towards greater coherence. And you know what? It’s easy, fast, fun, and permanent! The reason it’s so easy is that we are meant to be coherent.
As human beings, we seem very complex. We have a body (with many parts), and a mind, and emotions; senses; intuition; instinct; subconscious… the list goes on and on. Sometimes, especially in this crazy world we live in, where we were never taught – or even encouraged to think about – WHAT WE ARE… sometimes, life can be very confusing.
I want to help relieve that confusion:
– We have a center of awareness which we call our ‘mind’. It is in our head. That center of awareness, in our head, is very complex – like a computer. It thinks; it is responsible for language, and analysis. No other animals have this awareness.
– We have a center of awareness which we call our ‘heart’. It is in the center of our chest (not the physical heart). That center of awareness, in our heart, is fairly complex. It feels; it is responsible for emotions. Other mammals have this awareness.
– We have a center of awareness which we don’t call anything, because most people are not even aware that it exists! It is in our body, below our solar plexus. The ancient Taoists called it the Tan Tien. That center of awareness, deep down in our bodies, between our solar plexus, and the space between our hips, is very simple: it knows; and it is responsible for our safety, survival, and reproduction. ALL animals have this.
Now, when these three separate centers of awareness are out of ‘synch’; not communicating with each other, or speaking a different language, it’s called INCOHERENCE.
Have you ever been attracted to someone physically, but you didn’t like them?
The body awareness was attracted; the heart awareness repelled; and the head awareness, confused! The reason for this is that our various centers of awareness – body, heart, and head – are all saying different things.
The body is saying “mmnnn he is HOT”
The heart is saying “no, he is NOT, he is horrible”
The brain is saying ” comon you two, make your minds up so I know what to DO about it?!”
Let’s leave that example for now, and look at the mechanics of our awareness.
The body vibrates with the world around us. On a very deep level, it FEELS the world around it, and KNOWS how to respond. This is because our body has literally hundreds of millions of years of evolutionary cellular memory. (Scientists have proven that our cells carry memory). If the body responds to something or someone in a certain way, there is always a reason.
However, we often don’t listen to that voice. We instead listen to another voice (usually the head) which says: “I CAN’T do that” or ” I SHOULDN’T do that”. So we feel caught up in a constant inner struggle. This struggle is called INCOHERENCE. It is the single biggest cause of poor physical and mental health in the world.
On the other hand, there is COHERENCE. That is when our body responds to something in the world, our heart accepts the message and passes it through to our brain, and our brain chooses the correct course of action. When that happens, all three of those centers of awareness are in harmony with each other. This is the single biggest cause of happiness, health, and success in the world.
You know when you focus the light on a torch, so that the light is more intense, brighter, more powerful? Science calls that light, COHERENT. Similarly, when the light of our awareness is focused, it becomes more intense and more powerful. Example:
- Choose a goal: maybe you want to expand your business (or earn more money; become more well known; find a beautiful soulmate…) Consciously, in your head, you want that.
- But what about in your heart? Put your hand on your heart. Close your eyes and visualize success (picture yourself, and really FEEL it, with that new partner, new job, fame, whatever it is you want). Is there any fear there? Any doubt, or confusion, or uncertainty? Perhaps fear of succes – being more visible, attracting attention. Or perhaps fear of failure?
- And if the heart is in line with the head – what about the body? Put your hand on your belly, and feel if there are any deeper feelings / instincts there opposed to your goal? These are usually connected to survival and safety.
If so, that’s the reason you’re not getting what you want. You are not coherent about it.
We often think we want something, but we really, on a deeper level, don’t!
Now, to answer Metka directly:
The wind you are talking about is your head awareness – your mind and thoughts.
The Sea you are talking about is your emotions.
Intention comes from below those places; deep down in the body.
Listen to your body, your instincts, your intuition, your deeper feelings. You KNOW what is right, what is needed, in every moment – that is your intention. Don’t allow your thoughts to interfere with that KNOWING intention. Do what is right for you in every moment. Most people get stuck by not having the courage to DO what they feel and know they need to do.
Listen to your inner voice. Do what it says.
When your heart and head follow that voice, THAT is coherent intention, and it can move mountains.
I acknowledge that it can seem complicated – especially if you are caught up in a situation that is complicated. But we always have a choice. We can always choose to listen to that inner wisdom, and follow it’s direction. Or we can be afraid.
I chose long ago to turn my back on fear; to follow that deep inner wisdom that I call intention. It has never once let me down. In the beginning, it was very hard, because I doubted it. No one had never taught me to follow my own inner voice – I’d been forced many times to listen to others: teachers, parents, doctors, politicians…
I questioned it, and found it hard to surrender control to it. But little by little, it won my trust. And so it gets easier and easier.
Let me know what you think…
do you get this idea of coherence? Does it make sense to you? Does it feel right?
If you do get it, and you would like to make yourself more coherent so that you can become more focused, more powerful, more healthy, and more successful in all areas of life, come and see me for a session, (or to learn RPT for yourself) – that’s what I do!
*(coherence is a term that I originally learnt from Simon Rose, the genius who created the alternative healing method which I now use: Reference Point Therapy . He taught me, and I’m very happy to share this information with you).